- a capable of being conceived or imagined or considered
- Last fall, the unthinkable became thinkable and then, in a matter of a few weeks, actual.
- In 1979, everyone wanted the Shah to fall, but no one believed that it was thinkable.
- All thinkable efforts have been made to make sure these representations of reality are as truthful and precise as possible.
- Takuma Sato in The Canadian Press
It was extremely, extremely disappointing. It wasn't even thinkable, finishing up that way,Sato said of his race in Iowa.
- Alicia Keys in Toronto Sun
Speaking about her Beyonce duet, Keys tells Rap-Up.com, "Expect it right after my Un-Thinkable video. It's kind of nice that I have such a great video (with) such a great artist in the can. They're going to be able to see the Un-Thinkable video...
- Christopher Hitchens in Campbell University
The absolute, totalitarian, unchanging nature of religion is completely beyond reason,Hitchens added. "Is this not our problem, our wish to be slaves, to be completely absolved of any responsibility? Is it thinkable that we could outgrow...