- n as much as a thimble will hold
- n a small metal cap to protect the finger while sewing; can be used as a small container
- Prominent in Toledo's mayoralty scramble last week were 30,000 thimbles and many a newspaper clipping.
- At least the doggy-and-thimble part.
- When high school football came along (to continue our ton of history in a thimble), it meant that every Thanks-giving the bosses' sons played the sons of the laborers.
News & Articles
- Thimble Club marks 100 years
FAIRMONT -Other than the sewing basket and patchwork runner on the table, this week's 100th anniversary gathering of Rose Lake Thimble Club did not involve any sewing or hand work. Instead, the ladies sang songs, socialized and enjoyed a cake.
June 15, 2013 - The Fairmont Sentinel
- What Happens When 30 Craft Distillers Descend on Capitol Hill?
After a night of drinking dozens of thimble-sized plastic cups of booze—quinoa bourbon, chocolate fudge brownie liqueur, maple-infused vodka—my brain is mush. I vaguely remember being told last night that Danes call a hangover "carpenters in the forehead" but can't remember who told me, with all the hammering behind my eyebrows. A pack of matches with the words "Death's Door" just fell out of my ...
June 13, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Paul Goydos in Seattle Times
Standing over that last putt, I was probably as nervous as I've ever been over a putt in my life,he said. "The putt would have gone in a thimble."
- Jodi Rell in WTIC
In a written statement released by her office, the Governor Jodi Rell said "This is a real victory for Connecticut and the quality of Long Island Sound. Running a natural gas pipeline through the waters surrounding the Thimble Islands was an...