- n a criminal who takes property belonging to someone else with the intention of keeping it or selling it
- Seattle householders were plagued and puzzled by a thief who opened their milk bottles early in the morning, stole the cream, left skimmed milk.
- In one episode, a thief hid his car on a train platform--and then drove it onto a passing train.
- Three weeks ago, a thief cut one of those precious 36 out of its frame in Brussels' Palais des Beaux-Arts, where it was on loan from Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum.
- John McCain in The Miami Herald
I know what fear feels like,McCain said. "It's a thief in the night. It robs your strength ...... I felt those things before. I will never let them in again."
- Courtney Love in USA Today
It said Love called Simorangkir a "nasty lying hosebag thief" and accused her of being a drug addict and a prostitute.
- Thom Yorke in SouthFlorida.com
We were going along in a certain trajectory and then suddenly with `Hail to the Thief,' it was: we can't carry along in that way anymore,said Yorke. "To me the hardest thing was finding a reason to carry on."