- r from that place or from there
proceeded thence directly to college
flew to Helsinki and thence to Moscow
- r from that circumstance or source
atomic formulas and all compounds thence constructible"- W.V.Quine
a natural conclusion follows thence
- r (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
we were young and thence optimistic
- By way of the Balkans, Turkey, Persia and the Caucasus they drove to Moscow and thence to Irkutsk, Siberia, where the four mechanics refused to press on and returned by rail to .
- Each day for the past month, 25 million gallons of raw sewage have cascaded from a ruptured pipe, spilling a gray-green torrent into the Cuyahoga and thence into Lake Erie.
- Metal he polished for $5 a week in New York, thence progressed to Milwaukee as a school teacher.
News & Articles
- Google Plus Is Like Frankenstein's Monster
Your humble correspondent begs your indulgence for this flu-fuelled stream-of-consciousness post, but deadlines wait for no virus, so needs must I expel the contents of my febrile mind onto this screen and thence to yours. To wit: Google Plus is a total mess. You probably knew that already. But you may not have realized that of late it has become an interesting mess...like Frankenstein's monster ...
July 6, 2013 - TechCrunch
- Michael Ledeen in Boston Globe (registration)
No one should have any lingering doubts about what's going on in the Middle East,writes Michael Ledeen, an expert on terrorism and Iran. "It's war, and it now runs from Gaza into Israel, through Lebanon and thence to Iraq via Syria. There...
- Moby in Gotham Gazette
Moby Dick begins with a walk from "Corlears Hook to Coenties Slip, and from thence, by Whitehall northward."
- Winston Churchill in Toledo Blade
Churchill wrote to his mother in 1898: "A few months in South Africa would earn me the SA medal and in all probability the Company's star. Thence hot-foot it to Egypt - to return with two more decorations in a year or two - and beat my sword into an...