- n a verse line having four metrical feet
- It has a love that's deep and true for ready-made bowlegged tetrameter and a business built on sentiment (last year's estimated gross: $15 to $18 million).
- Actually, it is something between prose and poetry that Nabokov has usedhe has retained Pushkin's iambic tetrameterand the result is a recognizable and respectable .
- And what better present than to have a poem (four lines, rhyming couplets, iambic tetrameter) published for the first time in the New Yorker last week?.
News & Articles
- On the Page: David Rakoff and Louis Begley
Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish David Rakoff (Doubleday, 128 pp., $26.95) David Rakoff's posthumous novel of longform verse, Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish stands as the author's final love song to American Beauty in all its myriad forms. The couplets rhyme in iambic tetrameter, a cutesy trick when telling the tale of a redhead escaping from the brutal rape of her ...
July 17, 2013 - The New York Observer