terseness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a neatly short and concise expressive style
- Among the Pulitzer prizes awarded annually is one of $1,000 for the "best reportorial work of the year"the tests being accuracy, terseness and " the accomplishment of.
- For Nash, terseness was a valuable rhetorical device, breaking seven words into four lines for "Reflection on Ice-Breaking": Candy Is dandy But liquor.
- Los Angeles singer, songwriter and guitar player Sam Phillips composes her songs with the terseness of a smart screenwriter.
News & Articles
- Iowa State announces its starting quarterback for TCU game
Will it be Sam Richardson? Or Grant Rohach? Plus find analysis and reaction from Saturday's game: Rhoads' terseness a telling sign in ISU's spiraling season Video: Rhoads terse with reporters in post-game press conference Video: Rohach shoulders blame for not converting Cyclone chat: Replay today's chat with Tommy Birch
Nov. 4, 2013 - The Des Moines Register