- n a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities
- But Brixton may not have been a willing terrorist haven after all.
- March 2002, the terrorist called Abu Zubaydah was one of the most wanted men on earth.
- But thanks to a terrorist's mistake and a rescue worker's accidental discovery, the final bomb survived.
News & Articles
- Officials: NSA programs broke terrorist plots in United States, 20 nations
U.S. intelligence officials said the NSA thwarted potential terrorist plots in the U.S., more than 20 other countries.
June 16, 2013 - Deseret News
- Press Releases: Terrorist Attack on Camp Hurriya in Iraq
Terrorist Attack on Camp Hurriya in Iraq Press Statement John Kerry Secretary of State Washington, DC June 15, 2013 The United States strongly condemns today’s brutal, senseless, and utterly unacceptable rocket attack on Camp Hurriya that killed and injured camp residents. At the highest levels, we have personally urged the Government of Iraq to render all possible medical assistance to the ...
June 15, 2013 - U.S. Department of State
- Terrorist Attacks in Afghanistan Get Bolder
Terrorist attacks in Afghanistan appear to be getting bolder in recent days. The Taliban also increasingly is targeting the civilian population, including children. Terrorist attacks increasing A suicide bomber blew himself up right outside the Supreme Court building in the capital, Kabul, Tuesday, killing 17 people and wounding almost 40 others. Mohammad Zahir, Chief of the Kabul Police ...
June 12, 2013 - Voice of America
- Barack Obama in AFP
The single biggest threat to US security, both short-term, medium-term and long-term, would be the possibility of a terrorist organization obtaining a nuclear weapon,Obama said on Sunday.
- President Bush in New York Times
There is legitimate debate about many of these decisions,Mr. Bush said. "But there can be little debate about the results. America has gone more than seven years without another terrorist attack on our soil."
- David S. Kris in istockAnalyst.com (press release)
These charges underscore the global nature of the terrorist threat we face,David Kris, assistant attorney general for national security, said in a release.