- n an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others
a tendency to be too strict
- n an inclination to do something
- n a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect
fabric with a tendency to shrink
- n a general direction in which something tends to move
the shoreward tendency of the current
- One of the factors that separate breakthrough companies from their competitors is the tendency to continue to up the ante as the stakes in the game increase.
- If anything, he's almost too good: some players have a tendency to confuse their virtual lives with their real ones.
- While rear-engine packaging offers enormous advantages, putting the vehicle's heaviest component behind the rear axle gives cars a distinct tendency to spin out, sort of like an .
News & Articles
- Fruits may need thinning for growth, flavor
Some fruit trees are prone to a feast-and-famine cycle - a heavy crop one year and a light crop the next. Fortunately, this tendency toward biennial bearing can be reined in. Pruning is one way to do it
June 27, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Paula Deen's downfall
Being from 'another time' isn't an excuse to be ignorant by Gwynedd Stuart Celebrity scandals have a tendency to follow a very specific pattern, one that unfolds at lightening speed and that I'm pretty sure we take some amount of comfort in. As a society, if there's anything we like more than predictability, it's instant gratification.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 26, 2013 - Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Electronic Voting: A Tendency Gaining Support Around the World
The use of technology in the electoral process is a tendency that has been gaining ground, to the point that in today's world, three in every ten voters use an automated method. Latin America has not escaped ...
June 24, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Robinho in The Associated Press
The tendency now is to get better,Robinho said. "After that first goal, it usually gets easier to score more."
- Claire McCaskill in FOXNews
My friend Joe Biden has a tendency to talk forever and sometimes say stuff that's kind of stupid,McCaskill said.
- John McCain in FOXNews
Even before the Democrats delivered their speeches, McCain, an Arizona senator, said in a statement, "There is a tendency for liberals to seek big government programs that sock it to American taxpayers while failing to solve the very real problems...