tempest-tossed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s pounded or hit repeatedly by storms or adversities
- At week's end, the thousands of tempest-tossed citizens could only hope against hope that this was the end of it all, that new-brewing storms in the Pacific would spend themselves .
- A tempest-tossed thriller with interesting psychological overtones.
- Billows of cloth suggested wind and rain, then fell away to reveal the swaying prow of a tempest-tossed Renaissance ship.
News & Articles
- Lady Liberty to reopen July 4
The huddles masses of New York tourists yearning to breathe free can take a sigh of relief — the Statue of Liberty reopens on Independence Day. The tempest-tossed icon had been closed since Hurricane Sandy clobbered Liberty Island on Oct. 29.
June 30, 2013 - New York Daily News