- n pigment mixed with water-soluble glutinous materials such as size and egg yolk
- To focus attention on his case, Hirasawa's supporters arranged for an exhibition of 50 of the 480 tempera paintings that he has turned out in his 15 years in the death house.
- The feathery plush of a fur collar, the glint of light on armor, the nap of rough cloth they could all be suggested by oil in ways that tempera couldn't quite do.
- For the past 20 years his elaborately finished tempera paintings of the landscapes and neighbors around his winter farm in Pennsylvania and his summer house in Maine have become .
News & Articles
- Does Using Perspective Lead to Stronger Artwork?
The Battle of San Romano by Paolo Uccello, c. 1435-55, tempera on wood. I'd have to answer with, "I'm not so sure." For me, studying Italian Renaissance and Baroque art meant spending a lot of time talking about how awesome linear perspective was. And I still think it is, to a certain extent. Artists were able to celebrate conquering three dimensions in just two. Practitioners such as Piero ...
July 26, 2013 - Artist Daily