- n a magnifier of images of distant objects
- v crush together or collapse
In the accident, the cars telescoped
my hiking sticks telescope and can be put into the backpack
- v make smaller or shorter
the novel was telescoped into a short play
- Using England's Jodrell Bank radio telescope, Astronomer Graham Smith discovered that the radio waves from pulsars are polarized, indicating that they pass through a magnetic field .
- If a super-powerful telescope had been trained on the morning star last week, it might have seen a tiny, spidery object all vanes and antennae, creep slowly past the blazing .
- Across the Atlantic in Britain, a young (34) American electronics expert, Bill Young, sat in a gadget-packed trailer parked near Jodrell Bank's giant radio telescope.
News & Articles
- Backbone Of The James Webb Space Telescope Complete
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Assembly of the primary mirror backplane support structure for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope , the backbone of the telescope, is a step closer to completion with the recent addition of the backplane support frame. The fixture will be used to connect all the pieces of the telescope together. The Webb’s center section and wings, secondary ...
June 15, 2013 - redOrbit
- NASA's Webb Telescope's Last Backbone Component Completed
Assembly of the backbone of NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the primary mirror backplane support structure, is a step closer to completion with the recent addition of the backplane support frame, a fixture that will be used to connect all the pieces of the telescope together.
June 14, 2013 - SpaceRef
- NASA's Webb telescope's final backbone element finished
GREENBELT, Md., June 14 (UPI) -- A fixture similar to a backbone that will connect elements of the James Webb Space Telescope has been completed, the U.S. space administration said Friday
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- Bill Gates in CNET News.com
The WorldWide Telescope is a powerful tool for science and education that makes it possible for everyone to explore the universe,Bill Gates, Microsoft's chairman, said in a statement. "Our hope is that it will inspire young people to...
- Scott Altman in Washington Post
We will do our absolute best to leave the telescope in the most phenomenal condition that it can be when we let go of it with the robotic arm and set it loose on its next voyage,Altman said.