- a pertaining to the structure or movement of the earth's crust
- a of or pertaining to construction or architecture
- As Premier, Wen has guided China's tectonic economy, supporting continued economic reform and growth but also pointedly calling for greater emphasis on social equality for those .
- Meanwhile, there are still gaps in Einstein's theory of relativity and the germ theory of disease and the theory of plate tectonics.
- But achieving that aim which would allow the 73-year-old to return home after nearly 50 years in exile will take a tectonic shift in positions on both sides.
News & Articles
- Jets of Molten Rock Push Earth's Tectonic Plates
Giant fountains of hot rock under central Africa and the central Pacific that have apparently remained stationary for at least 250 million years are helping drive the movements of the massive tectonic plates making up Earth's surface, researchers say.
June 26, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Why some mountain ranges don't erode away
Landslides, or the lack thereof, may help mountain ranges remain far longer than previously thought, new research suggests.As the tectonic plates that make up Earth's surface drift, mountain ranges such as the Himalayas in Asia and the Andes in South America form where the plates collide, similar to the way car bodies crumple during crashes. In the absence of such mountain-building tectonic a ...
June 26, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Location of upwelling in Earth's mantle discovered to be stable
A new study shows that large-scale upwelling within Earth's mantle mostly occurs in only two places: Beneath Africa and the Central Pacific. These upwelling locations have remained remarkably stable over geologic time, despite dramatic reconfigurations of tectonic plate motions and continental locations on the Earth's surface. The study describes a plate tectonic "quadrupole," which defines two ...
June 26, 2013 - Science Daily
- Charles Schumer in FOXNews
It shapes up to be a very good Democratic year. This could be one of those change elections - I call them tectonic,said Sen. Charles E. Schumer, DN.Y., the head of his party's Senate campaign arm, which has $46.2 million in the bank.
- Jonathan Schwartz in BusinessWeek
This is a tectonic shift in the marketplace,Schwartz told the AP. "This really is a landmark relationship that's about growing the market and not simply the customer-supplier relationship. This really does change the face of the industry."
- Michael Oren in Telegraph.co.uk
Sources said Mr Oren told the meeting: "There is no crisis in Israel-US relations because in a crisis there are ups and downs. [Instead] relations are in a state of tectonic rift in which continents are drifting apart."