- n a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasian people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- n the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil in southern India and Sri Lanka
- a of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself
- Ban Ki-moon in Reuters
The legitimate concerns and aspirations of the Tamil people and other minorities must be fully addressed,Ban said.
- Mahinda Rajapakse in ABC News
The freedom of the Tamil civilians held hostage by the LTTE is near at hand and the rescue of all civilians in the small patch of land held by the LTTE will be done in 48 hours,Rajapaksa told migrant workers in Jordan on Thursday.
- Jack Strain in The Times-Picayune - NOLA.com
We are for the fight against terrorists and all sorts of terrorism. Therefore we have no sympathy for any terrorist activity indulged by any organisation, and particularly the LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam) is a banned organisation in... Pranab Mukherjee http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranab_Mukherjee&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7JtYbFJ2DGq5DofU9KuGxbo2Mpg Sify http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php%3Fid%3D14845262%26%3Fvsv%3DTopHP1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGOlb6-pWKZBBUSsg8yjt-gSXccFQ Jan 27, 2009
98054 130066 tammany In an interview broadcast on WDSU-TV, Strain said, I don't want to get into calling people names, but if you're going to walk the streets of St. Tammany Parish with dreadlocks and chee wee hairstyles, then you can expect to be getting a visit from...