- s possessing or believed to possess magic power especially protective power
a talismanic amulet
- Liverpool's talismanic midfielder connected sweetly with a left-foot drive that gave Gianluigi Buffon at the time considered the world's greatest goalkeeper absolutely no .
- The Maoists, led by their talismanic leader Pushpa Kamal Dahal, a.
- For politicians like Koizumi, Yasukuni is regaining its talismanic importanceeven before he was elected, Koizumi promised on the campaign trail to visit Yasukuni every year.
- John Barnes in Sportinglife.com
Barnes said: "Gerrard has a talismanic influence on the Liverpool team and in my opinion, is the best midfielder in the world at the moment. The fantastic thing for Benitez is that Gerrard is so versatile that he can play anywhere across the...
- Anthony Foley in Times Online
He has turned into a talismanic figure for them,says Anthony Foley, one of the Munster coaches now. "He's their go-to guy for the big carries. The game-turning moments seem to revolve around him. In our match he made a big tackle on Ian...
- Walter Smith in Scotsman
I hope he is talismanic in cup finals,said Smith. "But, whether he plays or not, you'll have to wait until Sunday to find out. Look, Kris Boyd is a player who scores goals, but there are other aspects of his game that aren't at the same...