- n a major Jewish festival beginning on the eve of the 15th of Tishri and commemorating the shelter of the Israelites during their 40 years in the wilderness
- n the Mormon temple
- n (Judaism) a portable sanctuary in which the Jews carried the Ark of the Covenant on their exodus
- n (Judaism) the place of worship for a Jewish congregation
- They barnstormed the tabernacles of Canada, China, Australia.
- Now there is reason to believe that her seductive hallelujahs as a prurient evangelist may well make her the toast of the movie tabernacles.
- Los Angeles County likes to talk about its orange-juice joints, tabernacles, oil wells and graving docks, keep a stiff and silent upper lip over its floods and earthquakes.
News & Articles
- United Church of God to Celebrate Coming Kingdom of God in Eight-Day Christian Festival of Tabernacles
Focused on the coming Kingdom of God, about 13,000 members and families of the United Church of God will observe the annual biblical Festival of Tabernacles this September 19-26, which will take place at more than 45 Festival sites across the world. Church members follow the example of the 1st century Church (as recorded in scripture and history) in observing this biblical Christian season ...
Sept. 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Allen Henry Vigneron in Detroit Free Press
Two memories......stand out,Vigneron said. "First......the practice of rising in respect when the Torah is brought out from its ark......Second was inviting us outside to see the booths that were erected for the Feast of Tabernacles."