- n a spirit that lives in or frequents the woods
- s relating to or characteristic of wooded regions
a shady sylvan glade
- She was director of the Institute on Aging, University of Pennsylvania; chief of the division of geriatric medicine; Sylvan Eisman Professor of Medicine and Health Care Systems .
- The girl tries to escape these harsh realities by fleeing to a sylvan labyrinth a woodland wonderland where she is enthralled and tested by fauns, fairies, giant toads and .
- Blame runs through Miller's two early Broadway hits, All My Sons (1947) and Death of a Salesman (1949) like toxic waste in a sylvan stream.
News & Articles
- State audit criticizes Sylvan Beach fire surplus
The Sylvan Beach Fire District’s cash surplus for 2012 was more than half of this year’s budget, according to an audit released Thursday by the state Comptroller’s Office.
June 15, 2013 - The Observer-Dispatch
- DeGol takes home Sylvan Hills title
HOLLIDAYSBURG - Dennis DeGol Jr. won the championship flight of the Sylvan Hills Golf Club's Match Play Club Championship, while John Roland was second, and David Snyder was third.
June 15, 2013 - Altoona Mirror
- Sylvan Learning promotes summer reading
&via=&related=DolcePixel" Sylvan Learning Inc., of Baltimore, a provider of supplemental educational services and tutoring, and the National Summer Learning Association have teamed up to promote summer reading for all students and provide resources for parents, teachers and students, including tips, free online materials and family-friendly resources. &via=&related=DolcePixel"
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Record
- Dave Freudenthal in International Herald Tribune
I hope in the future the Park Service will not use this vague language as justification for closing Sylvan Pass,Freudenthal said.
- Paul Sturrock in Sportinglife.com
Plymouth boss Paul Sturrock told the club's official website: "When Wolves indicated they were prepared to meet that Â£1.5million price, we were bound to allow Sylvan to talk to them and we could not ask Wolves for a bigger fee. That is the way of...