- n a sweeping stroke or blow
- v strike with a swiping motion
- v make off with belongings of others
- Is that an ATM in the church lobby? Credit and debit card swipe machines in churches may startle some of the pious, but such kiosks, already present in some houses of worship .
- Americans are being forced to pay significantly higher swipe fees whenever they use their credit cards than any of their peers in the industrialized world, according to a report by .
- Dialing for Dollars A swipe of an e-money cell phone will let you shop 'til your battery dies Special Site .
- Rex Ryan in CNN International
We want to be known as the most physical football team in the NFL,Ryan said Wednesday morning at Jets headquarters after being introduced by team owner Woody Johnson. "The players will have each other's backs, and if you take a swipe at...
- Tim Welke in Boston Globe (registration)
I saw Longoria coming in and he was going for Rollins's back on the tag,Welke said. "I just saw him swing and miss. I never saw a tag. That's a swipe tag. A lot of times, on a swipe tag, the glove will pause. I saw him try to make a swipe...
- Ben Gordon in USA Today
I was trying to pump fake and get him in the air but the ball slipped out of my hands,Gordon said. "Somebody tipped it to Jarrett and I tried to get back and swipe the ball. ...... I didn't touch him. I ran right past him. I was surprised...