- r in an affectionate or loving manner (`sweet' is sometimes a poetic or informal variant of `sweetly')
Susan Hayward plays the wife sharply and sweetly
- MANY WHO KNOW HER SAY SARAH Balabagan is sweetly innocent, a child quite unprepared for the cruel situation she faced in a strange land, more than 7,000 km from home.
- Life and death dance sweetly in Ramin Bahrani's lambent fable of cross-cultural connection.
- I'm guessing that at most places the sauna smells sweetly of cedar, eucalyptus and alcohol from the fruity drinks at the bachelorette party the night before.
News & Articles
- 'You Totally Made My Day' -- Positive Sidewalk Messages Make Venice A Happier Place
One person has made Venice a happier place with just a few stencils, spray paint and some sweetly positive messages. [ more › ]
June 15, 2013 - LAist
- Jean Stapleton: Actress known as 'All in the Family' wife Edith Bunker shined on stage, too
Jean Stapleton, the stage-trained character actress who played Archie Bunker's far better half, the sweetly naïve Edith, in TV's ground-breaking 1970s comedy 'All in the Family,' has died. She was 90.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- A landmark 20 years of Big Head Todd & the Monsters' "Sister Sweetly"
February marked a Colorado music milestone that many people likely missed. Twenty years ago, Colorado's Big Head Todd & the Monsters released the album "Sister Sweetly," which went on to sell more than a million copies.
June 13, 2013 - Denver Post
- Steve Hooker in The Age
I think I was a little bit too close on my take-off and it wasn't quite as sweetly timed as is needed for a six-metre jump,Hooker said. "Hopefully, next time I have a jump at it is at the Olympics and it will go a little bit better. I...
- Jacob Oram in New Zealand Herald
I thought Brendon was going to play one of his memorable knocks the other day but it got cut off. He's hitting the ball sweetly, and if he gets going he'll be away,Oram said. "I haven't seen Ross Taylor in better form, I know he hasn't...
- Robert Mugabe in Mathaba.Net
It said Mugabe told them: "Anything that you agree on Zimbabwe which is short of this position, no matter how sweetly worded, means Zimbabwe is still a subject of the Commonwealth. This is unacceptable. This is it -- it's quits and quits it will...