- n apprehension about what is going to happen
- n an uncertain cognitive state
the matter remained in suspense for several years
- n excited anticipation of an approaching climax
the play kept the audience in suspense
- This may come as a surprise, but with just days to go before the German parliamentary election, the suspense is building.
- Suspense novels are meant to transport a man from his drab daily anxieties into a euphoric state of really high-class terror.
- He was just a natural-born suspense filmmaker of the old school.
News & Articles
- Suspense and drama drives apocalyptic 'The Last of Us'
Just in time for the summer TV season: a suspenseful miniseries-length video game that treads the territory of The Walking Dead.
June 21, 2013 - Times Herald
- A Hands-On Look At 'Beyond: Two Souls'
Quantic Dream's upcoming PS3 game, Beyond: Two Souls, looks to build on the success of its previous title, suspense thriller Heavy Rain, with a touching story of a girl and her vengeful ghost ally. Beyond: Two Souls is stylistically inspired by its predecessor, but it ups the ante by blending event-triggered gameplay with more traditional action elements--as well as the ability to play either ...
June 21, 2013 - Forbes
- Downey to play Iron Man again
The suspense is over: Robert Downey Jr. will return as Tony Stark/Iron Man in not just "The Avengers 2," but also "The Avengers 3." Marvel broke the news itself on its own website , adding that "The Avengers 2," once again written and directed by Joss Whedon, will begin production in March 2014 for release in May 2015. A release date has yet to be set for "The Avengers 3."
June 20, 2013 - NBC NEWS