- n a state of surviving; remaining alive
- n a natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment
- n something that survives
- So the PSA screen may have helped artificially boost survival rates of this group.
- Emotions are a result of evolution: they cause organisms to act in ways that enable their survival.
- The death toll from an explosion at an illegal coal mine in central China rose to 42 Wednesday with another 37 men still trapped with little hope for survival.
- Barack Obama in BBC News
In his weekly address, Mr Obama said that "today, more than ever before, science holds the key to our survival as a planet and our security and prosperity as a nation".
- Asif Ali Zardari in Reuters UK
We're not doing anybody a favour,Zardari said. "We are aware of the fact it's ...... Taliban...... trying to take over the state of Pakistan. So, we're fighting for the survival of Pakistan. We're not fighting for the survival of anybody...
- President Bush in Indian Muslims
In Iraq, an ally of the US is fighting for its survival. Terrorists and extremists who are at war with us around the world are seeking to topple Iraq's government, dominate the region and attack us here at home,Bush said.