- n an artist who is a member of the movement called surrealism
- To her surrealist party conclaves one very famous surrealist is very pointedly not invited.
- Goya was a surrealist, so was Dante.
- Surrealist Dali suggested to his hostess that it would be fun to "enchant" Hampton Manor into a surrealist paradise.
News & Articles
- Check Out MTV's 'Real World: This Is The End' Edition, Starring James Franco, Seth Rogen And Danny McBride [Video]
This is the true story of six people trapped in the post-apocalyptic Real World: Portland" house." That is how "The Real World: This Is The End" edition, a surrealist collaboration between MTV and Sony Pictures begins. Featuring "This Is The End" stars Seth Rogen, Danny McBride, James Franco, Craig Robinson and Jay Baruchel spoofing [...]
June 11, 2013 - MTV
- Oelze Painting Brings $414,800 At Clarke Auction
LARCHMONT, N.Y. — In an auction filled with wonderful items, the one lot that everyone in the crowd anticipated was the large oil on canvas by German surrealist artist Richard Oelze.
June 11, 2013 - Antiques and the Arts
- David Lynch and Lykke Li Go for a Very Long Drive in 'I'm Waiting Here' Video
We made love where the horizon ends,coos Lykke Li on David Lynch's "I'm Waiting Here." The Swedish songstress' hypnotic voice pairs perfectly with the surrealist director's dreamy '50s-flavored doo-wop and the new video for the song seems to take inspiration from that memorable line...
June 10, 2013 - Spin
- David Orr in New York Times
Reviewing his collection "The Voice at 3:00 AM" (Harcourt) for The New York Times Book Review in 2003, David Orr said Mr. Simic was "a surrealist with a purpose: the disconcerting shifts and sinister imagery that characterize his work are...
- Marc Ribot in Chicago Sun-Times
Ribot explains the group: "They're punk rockers with a kind of surrealist edge."
- Moby in New York Daily News
For me, it's a perfect example of why I've lived in the East Village for most of the last 30 years,said techno-artist Moby. "The first time I went to the anthology archives was to see a surrealist film fest in the mid-'80's, and I sort of...