surf : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n waves breaking on the shore
- v ride the waves of the sea with a surfboard
Californians love to surf
- v look around casually and randomly, without seeking anything in particular
surf the internet or the world wide web
- v switch channels, on television
- Stand-up paddle surfing sounds bizarre and some traditionalists roll their eyes at it but the sport is taking off everywhere you can float on water.
- Making Waves The creation of artificial surfing reefs may offer frustrated board riders new breaks.
- Adams and Hooton the two surf together occasionally have resigned themselves to their once-tranquil hometown becoming a magnet for surf tourists because they share the .
- Jason Gore in International Herald Tribune
The littlest things he does for a punk dressed in surf clothes who was trespassing on his property changes lives,Gore said. "He's got that power, and that's what makes him the King. And that's why he's the greatest person to this game."
- Jimmy Fallon in Arizona Republic
We're not trying to ignore the fact that people are in front of a computer at work and surf the Web all day long, or that kids check the Internet when they get home from school,Fallon says. "We want to exploit that, and have fun with it "
- Thad W Allen in Reuters
Protection against data-roaming bill shocks is a useful step towards building customers' confidence to use mobile networks to surf the internet when travelling around Europe. Such confidence is essential if people and businesses are to use the... Neelie Kroes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neelie_Kroes&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH4d-pnTPAwLiHSqJvvB6gwkkyUrg ZDNet UK http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,40064624,00.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF9gCfvnB6oYUTBB53Fs4C2U0ihsQ Mar 2, 2010
96830 128410 surface Dealing with the oil spill on the surface is going to go on for a couple of months" once the well is plugged, Allen said. "Long-term issues of restoring the environment and the habitats ...... will be years."