- s final or last in your life or progress
the supreme sacrifice
the supreme judgment
- s greatest in status or authority or power
a supreme tribunal
- s highest in excellence or achievement
supreme among musicians
a supreme endxxeavor
- s greatest or maximal in degree; extreme
- Elena Kagan in Washington Post (blog)
The Supreme Court, of course, has the responsibility of ensuring that our government never oversteps its proper bounds or violates the rights of individuals,she said. "But the court must also recognize the limits on itself and respect the...
- Patrick Leahy in The Canadian Press
No senator should seek to impose an ideological litmus test to secure promises of specific outcomes in cases coming before the Supreme Court,Leahy said.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York Times
We see that the government of Iran, the supreme leader, the president, the Parliament is being supplanted and that Iran is moving toward a military dictatorship,Mrs. Clinton said.