- n the act of bearing the weight of or strengthening
- v give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to
- v support materially or financially
- v be behind; approve of
- v be the physical support of; carry the weight of
- v establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
- v adopt as a belief
- v support with evidence or authority or make more certain or confirm
- v argue or speak in defense of
- v play a subordinate role to (another performer)
- v be a regular customer or client of
- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- s furnishing support and encouragement
the anxious child needs supporting and accepting treatment from the teacher
- s capable of bearing a structural load
a supporting wall
- Winslet's is arguably the year's finest, leading or supporting role, male or female.
- The New York Film Critics Circle and the National Board of Review said Brolin was the best supporting actor of the year.
- Right now groups supporting Hillary Clinton and John Edwards are flooding Iowa and the other early states with millions of dollars in paid ads, phone calls, and mailings.
News & Articles
- North Star Lions Club supporting Coon Rapids summer events
The Coon Rapids North Star Lions Club is supporting a number of events in the city this summer, including the Fourth of July celebration and the Coon Rapids Arts Commission’s concerts at the Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park. The post North Star Lions Club supporting Coon Rapids summer events appeared first on ABC Newspapers .
June 20, 2013 - ABC Newspapers
- The 4 Top Stocks Supporting the American Farmer
Hungry for some investing ideas? Check out the top stocks supporting the iconic American farmer.
June 20, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Hawaii governor signs bill supporting beekeeping
Gov. Neil Abercrombie has signed legislation aimed at encouraging and supporting Hawaii beekeepers. A bill signing for the measure was held at the governor's office on Monday. The legislation exempts home-based ...
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Sarah Palin in Raw Story
Calling the president's move "unbelievable," Palin told Fox News' Sean Hannity that "no administration in America's history would, I think, ever have considered such a step that we just found out President Obama is supporting today."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in ABC News
It would have been the same way if I had won and Barack was here supporting the unity of the party,Clinton said. "This was a hard-fought campaign and there was a lot of intensity and passion associated with it in part because of the...
- Henry Paulson in Reuters
Today our primary focus is supporting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in their current form as they carry out their important mission,Paulson said in a statement issued in response to news stories about "contingency planning" on the fate of the...