- v take the place or move into the position of
the computer has supplanted the slide rule
- When the politics of coercion supplants the politics of dialogue, it is time for the aggrieved party to sharpen their knives.
- Attempts to supplant the dialect of the tribals by the language used by the majority has resulted in the vanishing of the former.
- As the older performer, played unforgettably by Bette Davis, begins to realize what's up that the ingenue's real goal is to supplant her on the stage she issues a raspy .
News & Articles
- Real Madrid reportedly considering summer friendly in St. Louis | THE SIDELINE
With all due respect to the 1999 St. Louis Rams, a rumored soccer friendly for this summer inside the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis would easily supplant the Super Bowl XXXIV winners as "The Greatest Show on Turf."
June 21, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Definitive Case for Ben McLemore Over Nerlens Noel As Top Pick In 2013 NBA Draft
Unlike most years, the 2013 NBA draft hasn't thrust a single name forward as the prohibitive favorite to be selected at No. 1. Ben McLemore , Nerlens Noel , Alex Len and potentially even Otto Porter are all in the mix to supplant Anthony Davis as the most recent first selection. The Cleveland Cavaliers have a little while to figure it all out, but the solution is rather simple: Draft the ...
June 20, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Barack Obama in The Australian
Answering critics of the Government's role, Obama said: "In each case, government didn't supplant private enterprise; it catalysed private enterprise. It created the conditions for thousands of entrepreneurs and new businesses to adapt and to...
- Dale Murphy in USA Today
We don't want abuse. We don't want guys taking Adderall to supplant their need for amphetamines,two-time NL MVP Dale Murphy said at a debate on performance-enhancing drugs.
- President Bush in WXii 12.com
Bush said Miers won't "supplant the legislative process," and that he trusts her to be consistent.