- v take place as an additional or unexpected development
- If it can not, one may be certain chaos wil supervene; and hard on the heels of chaos will come the Sino-Soviet bloc.
- The so-called ''American Establishment'' has sought to construct a public philosophy that would supervene the unbridled pursuit of self interest by economic and bureaucratic .
- The idea is that mental states can supervene on any of a broad class of physical substrates.
- Basdeo Panday in Trinidad & Tobago Express
Responding directly to questions on whether this latest revelation would affect his relationship with Maharaj, Panday said, "Your personal differences must not supervene over the national interest."