- n one of greater rank or station or quality
- n a word that is more generic than a given word
- v place in a superior order or rank
These two notions are superordinated to a third
- s of higher rank or status or value
- The classic case of a world-uniting superordinate goal would be an extraterrestrial invasion.
- If this idea ever gets across, it may provide New York with what sociologists call a "superordinate goal"the kind of overriding common interest that unites hostile groups when .
- Indeed, enterprising families can still find ample superordinate goals.
News & Articles
- Palliation is rarely a topic in studies on advanced cancer
Randomized controlled trials only rarely consider end-of-life aspects and often fail to name superordinate patient-relevant treatment goals. Instead of quality of life, survival is in the foreground, research shows.
April 24, 2014 - Science Daily