- n (psychoanalysis) that part of the unconscious mind that acts as a conscience
- In March 1973, two weeks after McCain's release, a psychiatrist deems his "emotional status" to be "stable" and says McCain has an "overdeveloped superego," or sense of conscience .
- Doctors determined that he had an "overdeveloped superego" and an "unrealistically high" need for achievement, two characteristics that have put him in the mainstream of .
- The man is all superego.
News & Articles
- Ho Ho Ho! Fedora 20 could be called 'Santa Claus' (or 'Cherry Ice Cream')
A month ago my colleague Brian Fagioli complained that childish names were undermining Linux. He singled out Fedora 18 -- "Spherical Cow", and Fedora 19 -- "Schrödinger's Cat", as prime examples of the problem. Fedora contributors are currently voting on the name for Fedora 20, and Brian will no doubt be lobbying hard for fan favorite "Santa Claus", although "Cherry Ice Cream" and "Superego ...
Aug. 23, 2013 - BetaNews
- Charles Schumer in New York Times
Since then, party leaders say, they have tried hard to connect with those voters, to convince them that, as Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York said, "We are not a bunch of libertines who want to see the superego of society disappear."
- Kurt Anderson in Sydney Morning Herald
She comes across as "wooden, priggish, cold, too much superego, and too little id", said Andersen.