- n a strain of bacteria that is resistant to all antibiotics
- n a strain of pest accidentally imported into Florida from the Middle East then spread to California where it is a very serious pest feeding on almost all vegetable crops and poinsettias
- He combined these strains into what he describes as a "superbug" that can eat oil faster than any one of the four can individually.
- The 100,000,000-year-old cockroach, which outlived the dinosaur and many other prehuman contemporaries, has evolved into a superbug of almost incredible staying power.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), which causes boils or pimples on the skin, is only the latest superbug to make the rounds and has appeared in dozens of high .
News & Articles
- Disinfecting robot zaps superbugs
A new breakthrough in superbug-fighting technology is helping lower infection rates in hospitals nationwide. We spoke with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ to find out how the TRU-D robot is helping ensure patient safety
June 6, 2013 - Fox News
- Charles Schumer in Newsday
We need all hands on deck and all eyes watching to ensure this superbug doesn't pop up again and leading to the same tragic outcome,Schumer said Sunday. "Unfortunately, without labs and hospitals reporting MRSA infections, we'll never know...
- Jeff Leal in Peterborough Examiner
As we move to a bigger facility the demand to keep it clean grows,Leal said, "especially with the superbug and C. difficile outbreaks in recent years."
- Amanda Holden in Mirror.co.uk
He had Alzheimer's for seven years, and had an operation to remove a benign tumour from his brain,says Amanda, 36. "It all went well, but then he was in a dirty ward and caught C.Diff, the new superbug. It was awful. My grandmother had...