- n a quantity that is more than what is appropriate
- You comb through his superabundance of historical data and scientific arcana.
- But it's reminder that Italy has such a superabundance of treasures that it would do everybody a world of good if the Italians made it easier for foreign museums to borrow work .
- There is no shortage of gamejust a superabundance of hunters (15 million this year) and a paucity of places to hunt.
- Michael Pollan in Delmarva Now
...of the top 10 causes of American deaths -- coronary heart disease, diabetes, stroke and cancer -- have, Pollan says, "well-established links" to diet, particularly through "the superabundance of cheap calories of sugar and fat."
- Timothy Garton Ash in New Yorker
Maybe or maybe not, but at any rate, Garton Ash writes, the United States reacted to the developments in Eastern Europe with "a superabundance of caution," followed by "entirely deliberate restraint ('don't dance on the Wall!' was the...