- n a cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the sun's photosphere; associated with a strong magnetic field
- He mentions two sunspot investigators who failed to find any connection between unusual sunspot activity and abundant crops, but reflected that bumper crops do not always .
- The eleven-year sunspot cycle has been traced in the growth rings of trees.
- The hot belly of the sun last week erupted in an acne of sunspots, a chain of splotches 160,000 miles long.
News & Articles
- The K7RA Solar Update
Solar activity seems to dip back into the doldrums again, with the average sunspot number for the past week (72) lower than any reporting week since bulletin ARLP013, which was for the week of March 21-27. You can go through the recent bulletins at http://www.arrl.org/w1aw-bulletins-archive-propagation and note that two weeks ago we had twice that number, when the average daily sunspot number ...
June 7, 2013 - ARRL Amateur Radio News
- Lou Dobbs in Business Media Institute
And what we are watching now - we're in the second year of the solar sunspot activity cycle - an 11-year cycle and many scientists are saying, 'My gosh, compared to what our sun can do - man has miniscule influence,'Dobbs said.