- a of a quantity that can fulfill a need or requirement but without being abundant
- With a direct popular vote, it is more likely that no candidate would receive a majority sufficient to govern a whole country, making challenges more frequent.
- Our poll asks if readers believe Clinton's apology is sufficient.
- And while Castro in his cold war heyday was propped up by the Soviet Union, Chvez is a self-sufficient revolutionary.
News & Articles
- Greek Banks Said to Lure Investors to Avoid Full State Control
National Bank of Greece SA and Piraeus Bank SA have secured sufficient backing from private investors for their capital raisings to enable the lenders to avert complete nationalization, according to people with direct knowledge of the transactions.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Summary Box: Egypt wheat harvest mired in politics
GRAIN OF TRUTH? Early in Egypt's wheat harvest President Mohammed Morsi said the crop would be 30 percent higher than last year, and the country is on track to be self-sufficient in the grain. SHORTFALL: ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Tulsa firefighters on standby for BA
A city without sufficient water may raise concerns about what could happen in the event of a fire.
June 12, 2013 - KJRH-TV Tulsa
- Barack Obama in Globe and Mail
Anti-terrorist agents "had sufficient information to have uncovered this plot : but our intelligence community failed to connect those dots," Mr. Obama said in a short televised speech after meeting with intelligence chiefs to hear a preliminary...
- David Petraeus in International Herald Tribune
We've got a situation in Afghanistan where clearly there have been trends headed in the wrong direction,Petraeus said. "Military action is absolutely necessary but it is not sufficient."
- Stephen Hadley in Forbes
The reality on the streets of Baghdad suggests Maliki is either ignorant of what is going on, misrepresenting his intentions, or that his capabilities are not yet sufficient to turn his good intentions into action,National Security Adviser...