- n the substance that is acted upon by an enzyme or ferment
- n a surface on which an organism grows or is attached
the gardener talked about the proper substrate for acid-loving plants
- n any stratum or layer lying underneath another
- n an indigenous language that contributes features to the language of an invading people who impose their language on the indigenous population
the Celtic languages of Britain are a substrate for English
- The substrate (the metal to be plated) covers itself with a film of adhering gas or oxide that cannot be cleaned away; the plating material is deposited on the film, not on the .
- The team found that it obtained much better results when it attached the cells to a sticky substrate like fibrinogen, a protein involved in blood clotting.
- It affords not just economies of scale but also, as Madison predicted, a substrate for free government.
News & Articles
- Sapphire Substrates 2013 Report
DUBLIN, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pvs24f/sapphire ) has announced the addition of the "Sapphire Substrates 2013" report to ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- 2013 Deep Research Report on Global and China Sapphire Substrate Industry
DUBLIN, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qx3djw/2013_deep) has announced the addition of the "2013 Deep Research Report on Global and China Sapphire Substrate Industry" report to their offering. ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Off-Axis Parabolic Mirrors decrease scatter in visible spectrum.
Visually inspected with HeNe laser to ensure low scatter, TECHSPEC® Low Scatter Off-Axis Parabolic Mirrors come in 5 models with diameters of 25.4 or 50.8 mm and effective focal length of 25.4, 50.8, or 101.6 mm. Aluminum substrate mirrors, offering optimized surface roughness and surface figure, direct and focus incident collimated light at 90°, simplifying system integration. Uses include ...
June 6, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Yar Adua in NEXT
Because our fabrication technique is independent of the geometrical arrangement of the nanowires on the substrate, we envision further combining the process with one of the several methods already developed for the controlled placement and... Federico Capasso http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federico_Capasso&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEEDE5npSryh78jbJWTPdlCkAkr3w Science Daily (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080508164412.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG7uRzstkvy7WCoD-z5hLr61mp2qA May 8, 2008
96033 127518 substrate The demonstrated expediency of adopting the poly substrate in banknote printing informed my approval for the conversion of the other lower banknote denominations in October 2008, on the recommendation of the board of the CBN," President...