subsidiarity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- When the European Union speaks of subsidiarity doing as much as possible at the local level that's exactly the way we do things here.
- Buckley subscribes to "subsidiarity" in governmentsolving problems at the lowest level possible.
- That American buzz word empowerment -- and the European one, subsidiarity -- is being defined locally, regionally and globally all at the same time.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Acton Institute
Pope Benedict XVI wrote in his recent encyclical Deus Caritas Est, "We do not need a State which regulates and controls everything, but a State which, in accordance with the principles of subsidiarity, generously acknowledges and supports...
- Waldemar Pawlak in Polish Market
You are the generation that creates our future. This is the best way of development of civilization. In Europe, we focus on sustainable development and the idea of subsidiarity , trying to create a rich diversity of the wealth of opportunities...
- Jerry Brown in San Francisco Chronicle (blog)
It works much easier if the Bakersfieldians decide their own issues and the San Franciscans also decide theirs,Brown told reporters Saturday. "If I could quote the papal principle of subsidiarity, you want the smallest institution to deal...