subset : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a set whose members are members of another set; a set contained within another set
- In an unscientific survey of the moviegoing public, conducted by people who wish to make money, parents facing a three-day weekend were found to be a particularly vulnerable subset .
- ValueNotes, a business-research firm based in Pune, India, says a subset of KPO called legal process outsourcing (LPO) has grown revenues 49% from 2006, to $218 million last year.
- There were cracks of light in the 1990s, when researchers implicated a genetic mutation in a small subset of MND patients, and the pharmaceutical company Rhone-Poulenc Rorer .
News & Articles
- FINRA Reviews & Responses: SDDCO's Update on Small Firm Exams
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- via PRWEB - SDDCO Regulatory Services LLC (SDDCO-RS) provides outsourced regulatory compliance services to FINRA member broker-dealers. Their study of 2012 FINRA audits concerns a subset ...
June 11, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Diabetes drug points the way to overcoming drug resistance in melanoma
Despite the success of melanoma-targeting drugs, tumors inevitably become drug resistant and return, more aggressive than before. Researchers now describe how they increase the effectiveness of anti-melanoma drugs by combining anticancer therapies with diabetes drugs. Their studies, conducted in cell and animal models of melanoma, demonstrate that the combined therapy could destroy a subset of ...
June 11, 2013 - Science Daily
- Tonys 2013: Neil Patrick Harris jumps through hoop, puts on show
Broadway dreams get a warm embrace in a lively telecast once again hosted by the unshakable Neil Patrick Harris. Broadway, you are a place and an idea, a subset of an artform bounded by certain northerly, easterly, westerly and southerly Manhattan streets surrounding the walk-through pinball machine known as Times Square. Sunday night at Radio City Music Hall, which is outside your official ...
June 10, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- John McCain in Houston Chronicle
I think it's pretty obvious the economy is on most people's minds now and is clearly the greatest challenge that we face; a subset of that is health care,McCain said.
- Mitt Romney in Forbes
For me, generally, a fee is something which applies to a subset of the population. A tax is something which is far more broadly applied,Romney said in 2003.
- Kerry Killinger in Legal Week
And then part of that changes how we think about moving forward on race relations. Race relations becomes a subset of a larger problem in our society, which is we have a diverse, complicated society where people have a lot of different... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE50H1UR20090119&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFQikKNhxIB6eQ4x24oYdKc9HORKg Jan 18, 2009
95947 127469 subside Washington Mutual chairman Kerry Killinger said: This substantial new capital: will position us for a return to profitability as these elevated credit costs subside. With the support of these investors, we have every confidence in our ability to...