- n a person of less than normal intelligence
- s below normal or average
after the floods the harvests were subnormal
- The "Vox" society (70,000 membersall of whom have subnormal hearing) supplied all of its members with arm bands.
- His findings, reported last week: of 44 station employes, 23 had normal hearing; eight had abnormally acute hearing in one ear; one was abnormal in both ears; six were subnormal in .
- Japan's abortions are legal, or almost so: the law permits them if there is danger to the mother's health or a likelihood that the child will be subnormal.