- n elegance by virtue of being fashionable
- It is a short, nonstop stuntfest that, by going back to basics and placing them on the screen with simple, breathless stylishness, turns what is essentially a lowlife movie form .
- And if the emphasis on speed and stylishness means Topshop's togs are a bit more expensive, then so be it.
- It was covered over by Thompson's stylishness and eventually subsumed by the cult of personality that accreted around him.
News & Articles
- Some things, or people, can’t be dressed up
In a competition lamer even than it sounds, my colleague Andrew McGinn and I have been trying to outdo one another in stylishness. The taut drama has reached the point that we’re both wearing the kinds of shirts our moms made us wear on school picture day in the seventh or eighth grade. Stepping into the role our mothers once played, our wives have bought us new clothing, forced us to try it on ...
June 30, 2013 - Springfield News-Sun
- Carla Bruni in Telegraph.co.uk
She wrote: "The companion of the new UK head of government is a kind of fashion icon: until now artistic director of the luxury paper company Smythson, Samantha Cameron combines stylishness with a feel for her time. Aristocratic but bohemian,...
- Todd Gitlin in McClatchy Washington Bureau
The acutely dark-skin-averse white voters are exiting history,said Todd Gitlin, a professor of journalism and sociology at Columbia University, "and their replacements, 18-29, are far more likely to be impressed by intellect, stylishness,...
- William Trevor in Minneapolis Star Tribune
It was their stylishness,writes Trevor, "their deportment, the young wife's beauty, her silence ...... that suggested Scott Fitzgerald, a surface held in spite of unhappiness."