- n someone who speaks with involuntary pauses and repetitions
- The Beautiful Losers: a black, a homosexual, and -- among others persecuted in adolescence and now called home to disinter a buried memory -- a stutterer and an abused girl.
- Director Ben Andrews, a stutterer himself, offers no one treatment for all cases.
- It is the day of a launch, and Glenn is on the phone with his wife, a painful stutterer.
News & Articles
- An 8.3 Percent Return on Your Money, Guaranteed for Life?
By Lew Mandell Annuities can give you a safe return on your money -- for life. Photo courtesy of flickr user 401K. Paul Solman: "Financial ability peaks at age 53," Lew Mandell points out. So "now what?" he asks. His answer: a new book entitled "What To Do When I Get Stupid: A Radically Safe Approach to a Difficult Financial Era." I began reading it recently and thought, this is material for ...
Sept. 12, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- If you text a driver who causes an accident, should you be held liable for the crash?
As Werner Herzog and others have made abundantly clear, texting while driving is a stupid activity that could end in injury, death and/or criminal and civil liability for the texter. But what about the person on the other end of that text message? Do they share any responsibility for accidents that result from texting while driving? A recent decision out of a New Jersey appellate court argues ...
Sept. 12, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Look for a lot more JaVale McGee in Denver this season
JaVale McGee is a smart guy. He also just does some stupid things on the basketball court. Ones that Shaq mocked on Inside the NBA, decisions big and small that had former coach George Karl limiting his minutes. All that could change this season. Part of Karl’s surprise exit from Denver was a disagreement about…
Sept. 12, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProBasketballTalk