- r in a sturdy manner
feet sturdily apart
- Potent mother of three sons and a daughter, Donna Mussolini last week donned an apron and sturdily dished out a hot luncheon to 70 workmen on her husband's "model farm" at .
- There it hovered, its blades spinning sturdily, drawing their power out of invisible microwaves shooting up from below.
- Even in the commercial capital Rangoon, where structures are more sturdily constructed, roofs were sheared off buildings and nearly all the city's main streets were uprooted of .
News & Articles
- Clean your iPhone 5's camera from the inside
The iPhone 5, though surprisingly light, is rather sturdily built. And in typical Apple style, the device is completely closed off. Nonetheless, the iPhone 5, over time, can begin accumulating dirt and other unwelcome particles underneath the glass. While this may not ordinarily be a problem, it becomes a huge nuisance when said particles begin affecting the quality of your photographs ...
Aug. 7, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Henry David Thoreau in Inman.com (subscription)
I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swatch and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms,...
- Henry James in Pittsburgh Post Gazette
Cortona, which James calls "the most sturdily ancient of Italian towns," is even more narrowly up-and-down than Perugia.
- Wang Jin-pyng in Taipei Times
In the higher mountains, you can see Mikado pheasants walking sturdily and mightily, yet peacefully and relaxed out of the morning mist. It looks just like an emperor,Wang said, explaining his choice.