- v consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
- v be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning
- v give careful consideration to
- v be a student of a certain subject
- v learn by reading books; I must hit the books now"
- v think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes
- a produced or marked by conscious design or premeditation
a studied smile
a note of biting irony and studied insult"- V.L.Parrington
- At Montgomery's Methodist Huntingdon College and Florida's Rollins College, Cornelia studied voice and piano.
- I studied sports reporting, and that's how I started off in journalism.
- Odierno graduated from West Point and has two masters degrees: from North Carolina State University where he studied nuclear effects engineering and the Naval War College .
News & Articles
- The best sentences we read today
You have studied the words of the Prophet Tufte, and you have concluded that they demand jihad.
June 18, 2013 - Washington Post
- Wineries working to conserve water
Richard Sauret never studied viticulture at a university, but after decades of working on vineyards in his native Paso Robles, he said it doesn’t take a college degree to understand that grapes do not need tons of water to produce quality wine.
June 18, 2013 - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
- Things To Do During a Piloted Venus/Mars/Venus Flyby Mission (1968)
From 1962 to 1967, NASA studied piloted Mars/Venus flybys as a possible interim step between Apollo lunar missions in the 1960s and piloted Mars landing missions in the 1980s. In February 1967, however, the flyby concept fell into disfavor following criticism by the President's Science Advisory Committee. In August 1967, Congress eliminated all funds for piloted flyby studies from the Fiscal ...
June 17, 2013 - Wired News
- Pete Domenici in ABC News
I have carefully studied the Iraq situation, and believe we cannot continue asking our troops to sacrifice indefinitely while the Iraqi government is not making measurable progress to move its country forward,Domenici said.
- Charles Grassley in ABC News
People at the grass roots are reckoning with the realities of a battered economy every day, so arguments that clearly benefit the big banks ought to be studied,said Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley, the top Republican on the powerful Senate Finance...
- Wesley Sneijder in The Associated Press
I don't think we played that well in the first half, but in the second we really deserved to win,playmaker Wesley Sneijder said. "The Danes in the first half did an excellent job, because they studied us very thoroughly."