- n someone who works as hard as a slave
- Gurukant is a hero of the people, a striver from the unprivileged classes, and gets automatic points for his vaulting ambition ("That's my problem, I can't hear the word 'no .
- Black Swan Green tells the story of 13-year-old Jason in 13 chapters, one for every month of 1982 (plus one for January 1983), and describes an archetypal striver, rendered lonely .
- Brit Bob Hoskins is a surprisingly apt choice for the Panamanian kleptocrat, whom he plays as a cruel yet pathetic schemer--a lower-class striver who in another life might have .
News & Articles
- Review: Overstuffed 'Girl Most Likely' rings hollow
Kristen Wiig has her moments, but the film veers between forced farce and tired rom-com staples and doesn't feel true. We don't hear Kristen Wiig's perpetual striver Imogene sing along to any Bruce Springsteen songs in "Girl Most Likely," though, given her dim view of her native Garden State, you can easily imagine her pounding the dashboard at some point during her extended adolescence and ...
July 18, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Vice President Dick Cheney in New York Times
Mr. Cheney praised his former boss for his "capacity to forgive" and for being "always a striver - never working an angle, just working."
- Deval Patrick in ABC News
You are every black man, woman and child in Massachusetts and America, and every other striver of every other race and kind, who is reminded tonight that the American dream is for you, too,Patrick told his cheering supporters.
- Ann Kirschner in Los Angeles Times
She's chic, she's Chanel, she knows which wine glass to use. The New York woman - she's a striver, she's a tummler [Yiddish for someone who shakes things up]. And now,added Kirschner, unapologetic about her New York chauvinism, "she's a...