- n a member of a squad on a team
a first stringer
a second stringer
- n a worker who strings
a stringer of beads
- n brace consisting of a longitudinal member to strengthen a fuselage or hull
- n a long horizontal timber to connect uprights
- Yet for the stringer, a particular difficulty lies in reconciling the dual role of student and journalist.
- The name stringer derives from the old and long-abandoned practice of paying freelance reporters according to the length of their pasted-together columns, or strings, of clippings.
- Some stringer correspondents eventually become regular PTI staff members.
News & Articles
- Tebow signs reported two-year deal with Pats
Tim Tebow practiced with starter Tom Brady and second-stringer Ryan Mallett at New England's minicamp. He was wearing No. 5 on his helmet and shorts, not No. 15, which belongs to Mallett.
June 11, 2013 - The Tampa Tribune
- Former Bulldog Stringer has memorable weekend
Christian Stringer had a weekend to remember in Raleigh, N.C, even though Rice was eliminated in a NCAA Super Regional Series against North Carolina State.
June 10, 2013 - Corsicana Daily Sun
- Rice's season ends with 17th-inning loss to N.C. State
Rice's season ends with 17th-inning loss to N.C. State Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:43 pm, Sunday, June 9, 2013 Rice (44-20) left the tying run on third in the bottom of the 17th when second baseman Christian Stringer, the hitting hero with two homers earlier in the ...
June 10, 2013 - Houston Chronicle