- v occupy a large, elongated area
The park stretched beneath the train line
- v extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body
- v extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length
- v become longer by being stretched and pulled
- v make long or longer by pulling and stretching
- v lie down comfortably
To enjoy the picnic, we stretched out on the grass
- v pull in opposite directions
- v extend the scope or meaning of; often unduly
- v corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
- v increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance
- v extend one's body or limbs
- s (of muscles) relieved of stiffness by stretching
well-stretched muscles are less susceptible to injury
- s extended or spread over a wide area or distance
broad fields lay stretched on both sides of us
- Unlike holding a muscle in a passively stretched position, the resistance route actively lengthens muscles through constant movement.
- So he was stretched along a Wyoming fence not just as a dying young man but as a signpost.
- Bad is the word for the wooden acting, and Leone's addiction to the cramped values and stretched probabilities of the comic strip.
News & Articles
- Nik Wallenda smiles in face of dangerous Grand Canyon wire walk
By Tim Gaynor FLAGSTAFF, Arizona (Reuters) - When daredevil Nik Wallenda caught sight of the taut cable stretched over the yawning chasm of the Grand Canyon for the first time on Friday, his reaction ahead of his death-defying high-wire crossing on Sunday was pure glee. "It was funny, I couldn't get the grin off my face. My playground's there and it's almost set up. It looks incredible ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Thousands Line Up For Flood Aid in Cook County
Line of thousands stretched around the block and beyond in Calumet Park. Photo Credit: Michelle Relerford, NBCChicago.com
June 21, 2013 - NBC Chicago
- Lynn ties NL lead with 10th win as Cards top Cubs
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Allen Craig was supposed to be getting a day off. He never put his feet up, stretched and yawned.
June 21, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Flip Saunders in The Associated Press
He's got a little bit of tightness in his groin,coach Flip Saunders said. "He kind of slipped on the court and kind of stretched out a little bit in the scrimmage last night so ...... we didn't want to take any chances. We'll see if he...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in FOXNews
California is in the midst of battling unprecedented wildfires that have stretched our state's firefighting resources to their limit and placed thousands of Californians in immediate danger,Schwarzenegger said in the letter.
- Joe Maddon in USA Today
Our minds have been stretched. Everything about us has been stretched,manager Joe Maddon said. "I don't think our guys are ever going to be satisfied going home in October again."