- Despite its prim, straight-laced reputation, Singapore's nightlife is actually quite racy, though compared to Barcelona or New York, the party ends early (around 3 a.
- Few places were as straight-laced as Singapore, but its drag queens thrived.
- But Mary Anne met gossip with gossip: "Dizzy married me for my money, but if he had the chance again he would marry me for love"; and lavished on him the affection a straight-laced .
News & Articles
- New Irish comedy ‘Grabbers’ gets the nod from Sundance
Grabbers, the new Irish comedy thriller written by Kevin Lehane and directed by Jon Wright tells the fast paced story of a small town, drink sizzled policeman (Richard Coyle) who joins forces with an incredibly straight-laced colleague (Ruth Bradley) in a battle to protect the local community from the 'tentacled, fang-jawed, barb-tongued creatures' from the deep, known as Grabbers.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central
- Movie Review: Rub Two Styles of Comedy Together and You Get the Profane, Hilarious The Heat
The odd couple at the center of The Heat isn’t just uptight Sandra Bullock and uncouth Melissa McCarthy; it’s also two different styles of comedy. Bullock has played a cop several times before, and she’s played a straight-laced workaholic before, too. But she’s never quite done the improv-style, go-for-broke brand ... More »
June 27, 2013 - Vulture
- Bruce Nash in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Ruth was a showman and maybe he would have gone along with it. But he didn't like the idea of women playing baseball,Nash said. "And Gehrig was so straight-laced, so serious, I've never read anything that indicates he would take a dive on...
- Sarah Jones in Broadway World
Jones said, "Whether we are women or men; older or younger; straight-laced or queer-eyed; whether we pray Saturday, Sunday, everyday or only at football games; whether we're born here or not; barely scraping by or more comfortable than most, we are...
- Jessica Simpson in MSNBC
I haven't wanted to take a lead role yet because I do want to learn,Simpson says, adding that she's happy to "take in that moment of just playing a straight-laced, normal, Midwestern all-American girl."