- n a strong very dark heavy-bodied ale made from pale malt and roasted unmalted barley and (often) caramel malt with hops
- n a garment size for a large or heavy person
- s dependable
- s euphemisms for `fat'
men are portly and women are stout
- s having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
- Lane Bryant, dressmaker made rich by the stout women she has dressed stylishly, addresses her customers intimately:.
- Irishmen drink the rich, dark brew known as Guinness Stout pretty much as a patriotic duty.
- The father was their stout shield against excessive publicity.
News & Articles
- UFC 161's Sam Stout discusses added pressure, opponent's biggest threat
WINNIPEG – Sam Stout doesn't want to take anything for granted, but come Saturday night at UFC 161, he knows he's got just about every factor working in his favor. That could make it a long night for opponent James Krause.
June 12, 2013 - MMA Junkie
- Baseball: Stout pitches Nevada past Roland-Story
NEVADA — First-year Nevada baseball coach Doug Anderson won’t forget the first start Chase Stout made this season in a home game against South Hamilton on May 24. He remembers the five walks Stout threw. He remembers the senior’s shaking hands.
June 11, 2013 - Go Cyclones
- Mary Ellen Stout Brown
Mary Ellen Stout Brown, 66, of Dilliner, died Friday, June 7, 2013.
June 11, 2013 - Observer-Reporter
- Kyle Busch in FOXSports.com
Carl's right there,Busch said. "He has been all year. He's the guy that we've got to race on these mile-and-a-half, two-mile racetracks. He's been decent at the other race tracks too, but not as stout as he is at these - and there's a lot...
- Eric Mangini in International Herald Tribune
Kris is a productive player who is stout at the point of attack and has the ability to rush the passer,Jets coach Eric Mangini said. "We are looking forward to adding him to our defense."
- Jerry Reese in ESPN
He's a veteran defensive tackle with skins on the wall,Giants general manager Jerry Reese said. "He plays hard, he's stout against the run and he has to be accounted for as a pass rusher."