- a (especially of weather) affected or characterized by storms or commotion
a stormy day
wide and stormy seas
- s characterized by violent emotions or behavior
a stormy argument
a stormy marriage
- Our relationship was stormy from the start.
- As with Allen, the relationship was sometimes stormy.
News & Articles
- Unsettled and stormy midweek
UNSETTLED AND STORMY The few spotty showers around this afternoon continue to fade into the evening hours. Only a passing sprinkle is possible early during the evening. Otherwise, expect partly cloudy conditions through the night. It will be …
June 11, 2013 - FOX 43 Harrisburg
- More stormy weather expected
A cold front is expected to sweep across the region on Thursday, and it may bring more stormy weather.
June 11, 2013 - WYFF 4 Greenville
- News Summary: AirAsia may break up with Japan ANA
STORMY SKIES: Southeast Asia's top budget carrier AirAsia may dissolve its partnership with Japan's All Nippon Airways Co. amid clashes over how to run their low-cost joint venture airline. NO WAY TO RUN ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- St Ambrose in TIME
Stormy weather can bring oil places it wouldn't have gone otherwise,Ambrose said.
- Shimon Peres in USA Today
Mr. President, you stood like nobody else on our side in sunny mornings and stormy weather,Peres said.
- Ben Bradlee in FOXNews
He had a very stormy relationship with Ann,Bradlee said in an online chat presented by Washingtonpost.com. "They actually got divorced before she died but I don't think he ever stopped loving her."