- s pounded or hit repeatedly by storms or adversities
- Suddenly, the TV set blacked out and his living room in Ahmedabad, in the western Indian state of Gujarat, began to shake like a storm-tossed raft.
- In such a storm-tossed new world, it figures that anything beautiful and eerily calm was bound to go.
- On a storm-tossed June day in 1752, Ben Franklin, joined by his son William, hoisted a kite with a wire poking out of it high over Philadelphia.
News & Articles
- Five golf movies to watch
Flash floods? Twisters? Hail the size of - yes - golf balls? If the U.S. Open's opening day in Merion proves the total inundated, storm-tossed washout that forecasters are predicting, here are five duffer-centric cinematic entries to celebrate the sport's transcendental pleaures - safe and dry via your TV, PC, tablet, or smartphone.
June 14, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Rowan Williams in AFP
Our Anglican family badly needs to find some ways of resolving its internal tensions that will set it free to be more confidently what God wants it to be,Williams said. "When we feel helpless, storm-tossed or bereaved as we think about our...