- n fastener consisting of a narrow strip of welded metal used to join steel members
- n the kind of playing that involves pressing the fingers on the strings of a stringed instrument to control the pitch
the violinist's stopping was excellent
- v come to a halt, stop moving
- v put an end to a state or an activity
- v stop from happening or developing
- v interrupt a trip
- v cause to stop
- v prevent completion
- v hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
- v seize on its way
- v have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
- v render unsuitable for passage
- v stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments
- The legendary hospital invests in stopping diseases before they get startedPhotographs for PTI by Ashley Gilbertson VII Network.
- I'm desperately concerned with stopping violence against women, stopping wars and stopping the destruction of the environment.
- After a lighting ceremony in Greece, the torch will make a 137,000 km "journey of harmony," stopping off in 135 cities on five continents.
News & Articles
- Seven Cars Involved In Accident, No One Hurt
TOPEKA, Kansas (WIBW) -- One car stopping in rainy traffic spurred a seven-car accident Sunday afternoon. It happened around 1:30 p.m. Sunday at 11th and Wanamaker Road.
June 23, 2013 - WIBW Topeka
- Schwarzenegger for Zombie Film?
It looks as if there is no stopping Arnold Schwarzenegger. Already with a slew of projects either in development or announced, the former Governor of California now has a zombie film as well. Variety had the exclusive that Schwarzenegger will both star and produce Maggie . “Project, based on the Black List script by John Scott 3, is set at a time when a ‘walking dead&rsquo...
June 23, 2013 - Mania
- TravelCenters of America Adds Goodyear Brand Tire Lines at TA and Petro Stopping Centers
TravelCenters of America LLC , operator of the TA® and Petro Stopping Centers® travel center brands, announced today that it has entered into an agreement with The G
June 21, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance