- n the state of inactivity following an interruption
- n an obstruction in a pipe or tube
- n the act of stopping something
his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood
- Lawyer Mandela, 44, was sought by the white cops for helping to organize the mass work stoppage by Africans in May 1961 to protest apartheid and the proclamation of South Africa .
- Lawyer Bailey disclaimed any responsibility when a federal judge barred PATCO from encouraging a work stoppage.
- The day has come wherein it is the duty of the Federal Government to again intervene, firmly and boldly, and put more checks upon game shooting 1) by the total stoppage of .
News & Articles
- Mikey Garcia dominates then KOs
Free-swinging Daisuke Naito (34-2-3, 22 KOs), 112, kept his WBC flyweight belt as he put on a tricky, unorthodox and comical performance, steadily piled up points and finally dropped ex-OPBF champ Shingo Yamaguchi (23-6-2, 9 KOs), 111.75, with a roundhouse right en route to referee Fukuchi’s well-received stoppage at 1:12 of the eleventh round on Tuesday in Tokyo, Japan.
June 16, 2013 - Fightnews.com
- Spain vs. Norway: Score and Recap for Euro U-21 Championship Match
A first-half stoppage-time goal by Rodrigo was the deciding factor as Spain defeated Norway. Spain scored twice late in the second half to earn a 3-0 victory and a spot in the 2013 Euro U-21 Championship final. After a sluggish start, in which both teams struggled to maintain possession, Spain created the first scoring chance just inside the 10-minute mark. Malaga rising star Isco was able to ...
June 15, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Mikey Garcia vs. Juanma Lopez early results from Dallas
Middleweight Kurtis Colvin (8-1, 7 KOs) scored a fifth round stoppage of Angel Sigala (8-4, 2 KOs). Colvin dropped Sigala in rounds one and four and goy the stoppage with a barrage of punches in round five.
June 15, 2013 - Fightnews.com