- n an indifference to pleasure or pain
- n (philosophy) the philosophical system of the Stoics following the teachings of the ancient Greek philosopher Zeno
- It took a sort of stoicism and a kind of stamina.
- Armed with her sewing machine, unflinching stoicism and determination, Madeeha, 37, is mending the fabric of Iraq.
- Britain's customary stoicism had been overwhelmed by raw, unbridled grief.
News & Articles
- ‘Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures’ preview: Wakka wakka wakka
Pac-man returned to form in Pac-man Championship, but now Namco's getting experimental again with the 3D platformer 'Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures.' The results? Pretty sweet. The game is sunny antidote to the endless parade of stoicism in other console action games.
June 12, 2013 - Digital Trends
- Tony Blair in CNN International
I would also pay tribute to the stoicism and resilience of the people of London who have responded in a way typical of them,says Blair.
- Ivan Lewis in Times Online
He commented on the amazing, characteristic stoicism, dignity and courage of Augn San Suu Kyi as she responded to the sentence,Mr Lewis told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. "She walked across to international diplomats and said. 'I look...
- Tony Abbott in Sydney Morning Herald
I'm a little disappointed that so many of us, out of a misguided sense of stoicism, don't go to the doctor as soon as we detect problems,Mr Abbott said.